Thursday, July 21, 2011

I'm dreaming, right?


Where, oh where, to begin.  I got home late last night from a 24hr trip to Sitia, a city located on the east side of Crete, which is about a 4hr drive from where I am staying on the west side in Chania.   I was invited to go with Jenny Moody (an archaeologist who's been living/studying here for 30+yrs), McKay, and Jenny's friend/old colleague, Tamara.  We went to an ancient Minoan dinner on the sea and were guided around Minoan ruins from over 3,000 years ago.  The following day McKay and I hiked the Gorge of Richtis, which, turns out, actually meant hiking through pages of the most enchanted fairy-tale ever written... or unwritten, for that matter.  I'll let the millions of photos do the talking.  The Minoan dinner and enchanted fairy-tale, however, have to wait until another post.  I'm heading into the city right now with McKay and Dimitris to meet with a tattoo artist (!!!!!) and enjoy the night.  Really quick, before we go, I HAVE to share the high (with whoever is reading this) that I am still on from the paradise we went to today.

I'm only two weeks into this journey and every single day has been like nothing I'd ever imagined.  Here's why:

The duo.




Look to the left and you'll see where we climbed down.







That's me!  


Winding home.  The inlet down to the right is where we were.

Beaming light of relief signifying that we did not fall off the cliff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment